Have you ever doubted your rationality? How do some people make better choices in life than others? There is a way we develop our thinking and our reactions to the situations. We can understand our own way of forming and changing opinions, and how they are influenced by external factors.
There is a science behind our thought pattern and decision making skills, and we need to understand it to improve it. University of Queensland has come up with an online course on the "The Science of Everyday Thinking." The course is available on edx.
About the course:
This course is designed to make you attain a slow, deliberate, analytic and logical thinking rather than fast, impulsive, automated, emotional and stereotypical thinking. The tools will be provided to be able to think independently and value data over personal experience.
The objectives of the course are:
- Learn the scientific method and its use in everyday life
- Use the tools to improve your everyday thinking
- Learn the tips and tricks of changing people's mind
- Learn to distinguish facts from fiction
- Know the techniques for learning information and retaining it
Course duration and fee:
- The duration of course is for 12 weeks
- Effort required is said to be 2 hours per week
- The course is free of cost but has $99 fee for earning certification
How to apply:
- Go to the edx official link
- Click on Enroll Now option
The course is started from September 15. It can be upgraded to get a verified certificate within six months.
Edx is a non profit organization giving free world class education to people all around the globe using online platform.