Whether you are already a landscape professional, just beginning your education, or simply learning for personal enjoyment, this course by Gia College, Canada, will give you the knowledge you need to become a better gardener. You will receive a thorough introduction to the science and practice of organic horticulture, facilitating a profound shift in ecological awareness.
Going way beyond the idea of pesticide and fertilizer product substitution, you will understand the concepts of landscape health management as opposed to pest management, building a holistic decision making framework for creating and maintaining vibrantly healthy gardens and landscapes, including turf.
Benefits of the course
- Grow fabulous, healthy gardens
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry sector
- Write the SOUL Organic Accreditation exam for land care professionals
- Earn generous continuing education credits for landscape professionals to maintain industry certifications (ISA, CNLA, BCSLA)
- Become involved in SOUL (Society for Organic Urban Land Care) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways
- The online version of this course integrates reading, quizzes and discussions with practical, hands-on assignments. Everyone is welcome, no previous experience is required.
Depending on registrations, Gia College may combine students with the Organic Master Gardener course to keep class sizes manageable. The curriculum is identical, but the audience is usually more diverse in the Organic Master Gardener course. Some of the discussions can be quite eye-opening for landscape professionals.
To receive a Certificate of Completion students must contribute to all online discussions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
- Textbook (e-book)
- Comprehensive on-line educational materials
- Unlimited access to our on-line course resources, community center, including libraries, discussion forums and much more.
To enroll click here