Boston University's certificate in Professional Fundraising, available on campus or online through the Center for Professional Education, it is an ideal course of study for individuals looking to enter the field of fundraising or advance their current professional knowledge as well as for volunteer leaders who wish to better understand the development process.
Designed and taught by senior philanthropy officers with distinguished careers in development, the Professional Fundraising Program provides the up-to-date knowledge you need for success in today's burgeoning and increasingly specialised philanthropic environment and also serves as excellent preparation for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) exam.
Whether you study on-campus or online, you will examine the key components of a comprehensive development program, building a portfolio of items representing the following areas:
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Giving
- Major and Leadership Gifts
- Planned and Estate Giving
- Corporations and Foundations
- Capital Campaigns
- Prospect Research
- Technology-enabled Fundraising
- Volunteer Leadership Management
- Special Events
- Management & Accountability
- View the classroom-based curriculum.
- View the online curriculum.
The Classroom Professional Fundraising Program is offered on Saturdays each September and January.
The online program is offered in September, January and May.
- Students entering the Professional Fundraising Program should have strong communication skills.
- While a bachelor's degree is not required, we recommend either a bachelor's degree, or significant related work experience.
This program is approved by the CFRE to award continuing education credits:
Full participation in Boston University's Professional Fundraising Program entitles you to 72 points (36 for online) in Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
In order to apply click here.
You can read more Education related news here.