Learn to successfully manage your poultry. This home study course will teach you to manage poultry on a small or large scale, and for production of eggs, meat or young birds. You will become skilled in all aspects of poultry care and management, including: terminology, breeds, nutrition, disease, layers, broilers, incubation, brooding, record-keeping, economics and marketing. This course is relevant to free-range or other forms of production and may be studied for hobby or commercial purposes.
The course modules
- Introduction, Terminology and Breeds
- Poultry Nutrition
- Record Keeping, economics and Marketing
How course works
- Select appropriate poultry breeds for use in different production situations.
- Explain the techniques used in the management of condition, including both feeding, and pest and disease control, of poultry.
- Explain the management of poultry as layers.
- Explain the procedures for the management of poultry as broilers.
- Explain the techniques used in the management of poultry incubation.
- Explain the management of brooding poultry.
- Develop management strategies for a poultry business.
For more details click here