Clinical investigation is the fastest growing discipline in the burgeoning medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Keeping pace with the ever-increasing body of knowledge and new regulatory procedures generated by advances in clinical research is critical to career success.
The Boston University Online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Investigation designed and offered by the Boston University School of Medicine is an opportunity for clinical researchers, health professionals, and those interested in clinical research to gain an in depth understanding of the scientific fundamentals of human research. Courses in the curriculum provide an in depth look at a number of the key elements in clinical investigation, including: trial design and conduct, clinical research regulations, good clinical practices of research, and the critical evaluation of clinical research in the medical literature.
The certificate program consists of four online courses that explore:
- Designing Clinical Research Studies - Fall Semester
- Good Clinical Practices - Fall Semester
- Regulatory Issues - Spring Semester
- Critical Evaluation of the Medical Literature - Spring Semester
Upon completion, students will have developed essential skills and understanding involving the elements and importance of good clinical research design, implementation and practices. Clinical and health professionals of all varieties including physicians, research nurses study coordinators, managers in clinical research and site management, and professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, as well as CRO and SMO organisations will benefit from this opportunity to:
- Earn a graduate certificate from Boston University's School of Medicine, a leading research institution.
- Complete a valuable professional credential in just four full semesters of study.