The online Graduate Certificate in Information Technology offers hands-on experience in various aspects of software design and implementation, while providing comprehensive knowledge about the state-of-the-art in information technology. Industry reports reveal that today's business world seeks graduates who possess broad business perspectives; systems/ IS skills, including hardware and software programming; a strong grasp of communication and teamwork; analytical abilities; and cutting-edge technology knowledge in areas of systems analysis, web technology, data communications, and database systems.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology by Boston University will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of the goals, functions, and operations of an IT organization.
- Proficiency in analytical and technical skills in various aspects of software design and implementation.
- Competence in the field of information technology, and the ability to contribute to its advancement.
- Along with building these qualities and skills, the online Information Technology program prepares students to:
- Assess the information needs of different organizational levels within an organization.
- Design or fully participate in designing systems for an organization that are both competitive and efficient.
- Create an information systems architecture that aligns with organization goals.
- Design systems that people can control, understand, and use in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
The Boston University Online Graduate Certificate in Information Technology have four modules.
- MET CS 625 Business Data Communication and Networks
- MET CS 669 Database Design and Implementation for Business
- MET CS 682 Information Systems Analysis and Design
- MET CS 782 IT Strategy and Management
In order to apply click here.
You can read more Education related news here.