Microsoft is conducting an online course on 'Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel'. The course enables to explore data analysis and visualization in Excel, the cloud benefits of Power BI, and Power Pivot, pivot tables, and tools previously known as Power Query.
About The Course:
Microsoft Excel is one of the most widely used solutions for analyzing and visualizing data. Beginning with Excel 2010, new tools were introduced to enable the analysis of more data, resulting in less time spent creating and maintaining the solutions and enabling a better understanding of what the data means. .
Do you want to take your advanced Excel skills to the next level? Are you exploring new ways to get and transform your data and create visualization?
During the course, get an introduction to the latest versions of these new tools in Excel 2016. See how to import data from different sources, create mashups between data sources, and prepare the data for analysis. After preparing the data, learn about how business calculations-from simple to more advanced-can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine. And see how these different technologies work together inside Excel. Learn how the data can be visualized and shared to the Power BI cloud service, after which it can be used in dashboards, queried using plain English sentences, and consumed on mobile devices.
- Setup the lab environment by installing Office applications.
- Learn how to perform data analysis in Excel using classic tools, such as pivot tables, pivot charts, and slicers, on data that is already in a worksheet / grid data.
- Explore an Excel data model, its content, and its structure, using the Power Pivot add-in. Create your first DAX expressions for calculated columns and measures.
- Learn about queries (Power Query add-in in Excel 2013 and Excel 2010), and build an Excel data model from a single flat table.
- Learn how to import multiple tables from a SQL database, and create an Excel data model from the imported data.
- Create a mash-up between data from text-files and data from a SQL database.
- Get the details on how to create measures to calculate for each cell, filter context for calculation, and explore several advanced DAX functions.
- Find out how to use advanced text query to import data from a formatted Excel report. Perform queries beyond the standard user interface.
- Explore ways to create stunning visualizations in Excel. Use the cube functions to perform year-over-year comparisons.
- Create timelines, hierarchies, and slicers to enhance your visualizations. Learn how Excel can work together with Power BI.
- Upload an Excel workbook to the Power BI service. Explore the use of Excel on the mobile platform.
Candidate should have to fulfill the following prerequisities:
Understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts
Also, some experience in working with data from databases and also from text files will be helpful.
- Windows operating system: Windows 7 or later.
- Microsoft Excel on Windows operating system:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2013 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Other versions of Microsoft Excel are not supported
Course Starts on: December 1
Course Length: 4 weeks
For further details on the course visit the website