Are you one of those who end up realising that there is just a week for the exam to commence? This is the time when you panic and regret for wasting all the precious time and feel guilty, upset and frustrated etc. But, you need to stop doing all this. Otherwise, you will waste more time cribbing over and you will not be able to study whatever you can in a week's time.
Here are some tips to make the best out of 7 days:
1) Forgive yourself for not being able to study all this while. Appreciate the fact that you realised. Now be calm, at least it is not a day prior to the exam. You can still do good if you strive.
2) Schedule a time table. Every hour counts.
3) Begin with what you are comfortable studying. Finish it soon and then get to those which you don't like.
4) Take short breaks between studies. Do not over burden at one stretch. You will not be able to re-collect anything if you do that.
5) Highlight the things you feel are important. If there is something that you do not understand, then associate it with things you like so that you will be able to recollect them.
6) Write down important formulae in sticky notes, and stick them around where you can have a glance now and then when you want to shift your mind to think something else.
7) Break big parts into smaller chunks.
8) Discuss with your peers who study well, about the important topics. Study them carefully, but don't just stop there! You have to study the other things you think are important as well.
9) While you are studying, you must be completely cut off from TV, laptops, Internet, mobile phones and any other form of distraction.
10) Choose a comfortable place, which is well lit and peaceful.
11) Remain positive and appreciate your efforts, and follow the time table you have scheduled strictly.
12) Meditate a little when you take your breaks, it will help you improve concentration.
13) A day before the exam, make sure to check if you have all the necessary things with you.
14) Stay calm and know that you will be able to do better than what you could have if you had spent the days regretting or praying for a miracle.
These are some tips from our end, you can share your views and tips here: https://www.facebook.com/oneindiaeducation