An employment notification has been released by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) inviting interested, eligible candidates to apply for the positions of Assistant Professor and Head Master in various subjects.
- Total posts: 241
- Name of the posts:
- Assistant Professor: 240
- Head Master: 1
The candidates interested in applying for this post must possess a good academic record, with at least 55 per cent marks, (or an equivalent grade B in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
The candidates interested in applying for this post must possess at least a second class Master's degree with Honours from an Indian university or should have equivalent qualification. They should also possess five years of teaching experience in a responsible post, preferably as the head of a well-established modern residential boys' and/or girls' secondary school.
- Assistant Professor: The age of the candidates applying for these posts must not exceed 37 years.
- Head Master: The age of the candidates applying for these posts must not exceed 45 years.
- Assistant Professor: The selected candidates will be getting a monthly salary of Rs 15,600 to Rs 39,100, along with a grade pay of Rs 6,000.
- Head Master: The selected candidates will be getting a monthly salary of Rs 15,600 to Rs 42,000, along with a grade pay of Rs 6,600.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of a screening test/written test and viva voce.
How to apply for WBPSC recruitment?
The candidates interested in WBPSC recruitment are required to apply at the official website www.pscwbonline.gov.in
Dates to remember
- The last date for submission of online application is April 25.
- The last date for submission of fee online is April 25.
- The last date for submission of fee offline is April 26.