The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is now hiring officers for various departments in four categories - Groups A, B, C and D.
Group A comprises West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), West Bengal Commercial Tax Service, West Bengal Agricultural Income tax Service, West Bengal Excise Service, West Bengal Co-operative Service, West Bengal Labour Service, West Bengal Food and Supplies Service, West Bengal Employment Service and West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service.
Group B is West Bengal Police Service. Group C comprises posts of Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home, Joint Block Development Officer, Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices, West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service, West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service - Grade-I, Assistant Commercial Tax Officer, Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation), Chief Controller of Correctional Services.
Group D comprises vacancies for Inspector of Co-operative Societies, Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department, Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department.
In order to qualify for these posts, candidates must take up the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination 2017, to be held in select districts of the state on January 29.
First, a written exam consisting of preliminary and mains and then an interview round would be conducted subsequently.
Also Read: Admissions Open for UPSC CDS 2017 Exam
How to apply for WBPSC Exe 2017:
- Visit http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- On the homepage, click Latest Advertisements/Announcements button
- Select ADVERTISEMENT NO. - 21/2016 link
- Register first and receive the one-time password
- Then, log in with the received details and apply
- Last date to submit online application: November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)
- Last date to submit fee online: November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)
- Last date to submit fee offline: November 29, 2016 (however, bank challan must have been generated by November 28)