The e-summon letter for the personality test for candidates who have successfully passed the main examination 2016, has been published by the Union Public Service Commission's (UPSC).
Candidates who have cleared the mains can log on to the UPSC official website and download the interview letter. The main examination was conducted for a week long from December 3 to 9, 2016. The tentative schedule for the personality test is 20 March 2017 for those who have passed the prelim and mains exam.
How to download the UPSC civil services 2016 e-summon letter?
- Go to the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
- On the homepage, under the "What's new" section on the right hand side, click on the Civil Service 2016 e-summon letter link
- A new log in page will appear
- Enter your roll number and password
- Enter the word verification code
- Click Submit
- The interview letter will appear after the submission
- Save it to your computer and take a print out of the interview letter
The selection takes place in two stages. They are the prelims and the mains round. Around 12,000-15,000 aspirants undergo this process every year. UPSC will upload the marks sheets of candidates who have not qualified within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result (after conducting Personality Test) and will remain available on the official website for 60 days.
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a National level competitive examination in India, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India.
The Civil Services, also known as the UPSC exam is considered one of the toughest and prestigious competitive exams in India with success rate of just 0.1%. The examination is conducted to recruit officers for three types of services namely, All India Services, Central Services and State Services.