The Union Public Service Commission has released an official notification about the NDA, NAE (II) 2016 examination. The details of the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2016 is as follows as released by the UPSC.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan, Nepal, or a Tibetian refugee.
- Candidates must be unmarried.
- Male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1998 and not later than January 1, 2001 are eligible.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy
- Candidates who has passed class 12 of 10+2 pattern or equivalent from a recognised board of education can apply.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
- Candidates must have cleared class 12 examination with a 10+2 school pattern equivalent with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board of education.
- Candidates who are still in their Class 12 under 10+2 pattern of education or equivalent can apply for this examination.
- Candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016
How to apply
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates from SC/ST or candidates/sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from payment of fee.
- Other candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.100 either by depositing in any SBI branch by cash or using online methods of banking.
- Candidates who are eligible for the examination can download their admit cards 3 weeks before the exam.
- The e-admit cards will available on the official website of UPSC.
- No admit card will be sent by post.
Candidates will be selected in 2 stages:
Stage 1: Candidates will be selected based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
Candidates who qualify stage 1 of the test will be admitted for the stage 2 of selections.
Stage 2: Candidates will be selected by the Service Selection Board (SSB) through interview.
Exam paper pattern
- Candidates shall be given question from Mathematics and General ability test.
- The duration of the examination is 5 hours
- Total marks is 900 marks - Mathematics paper carries 300 marks and General ability test carries 600 marks
- The Service selection board interview test will carry 900 marks separately.
- All questions in the written examination will be of objective type only.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- Last date to submit filled online application forms: July 15, 2016.