Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the posts in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination 2017 by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The last date to fill and send the application form is 10 February 2017 till 6 pm.
The UPSC exam will be held on April 23, 2017 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 139th course, and for the 101st Indian Naval Academy course (INAC). The courses begin on January 2, 2018.
Presently there are around of 390 vacancies that are waiting to be filled after the recruitment process. There are 335 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 72 for Air Force) seats available for National Defence Academy and 55 vacant seats in Naval Academy.
How to apply for NDA/ NA examination 2017
- Go to the UPSC official website upsconline.nic.in
- Click on 'online application for various examinations of UPSC'
- The notification for NDA/ NA posts will open
- A set of instructions for the application will be given. Read it instructions carefully
- There are two parts to the registration
- In part I registration, candidates will have to fill their basic information
- Part-II registration involves paying the fees. This requires filling up payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of photograph and signature and agreeing to declaration.
An application fee of Rs.100 must be paid during the time of registration.
Written examination, intelligence and personality tests will be considered for admission. These will be conducted by the Service Selection Board.
The Civil Services, also known as the UPSC exam is considered one of the toughest and prestigious competitive exams in India with success rate of just 0.1%. The examination is conducted to recruit officers for three types of services namely, All India Services, Central Services and State Services.