UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will be releasing official notification for IAS (Indian Administrative Service) and IFoS (Indian Forest Service) civil service on April 23, 2016.
Aspirants who are interested to appear for the exam should visit the official website to register online. Registrations are open till 20 May, 2016.
The preliminary examination for the same is scheduled to be held on August 7, 2016.
Number of Attempts:
- Candidate appearing for the exam is allowed to take 6 attempts
- While the number of attempts is relaxed for candidates belonging to scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST) category
UPSC 2016: Exam Pattern:
- (a) Preliminary exam
- (b) Main exam and
- (c) Personality test or interview
Candidates will be eligible to serve for the posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and other civil services if he/she qualifies all the 3 rounds.
- Candidates interested to apply should be a citizen of India. Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugees and immigrants with Indian origin will have to submit a certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India, as an evidence of their eligibility
- Candidates must be holding a degree from any of Indian universities or an equivalent qualification from any recognised university
- Aspirants who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the exam
- Candidates interested to apply for this exam should be holding a Bachelor's degree with atleast one of the following subjects: Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture/ Forestry/Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent
- Candidates appearing for their degree examination (with prescribed subjects) can also apply
- Candidates qualifying the written examination will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form