The application process for UGC NET January 2017 examination will end on November 16, 2016 according to the official notification. However, candidates can pay the examination fee until November 17, 2016.
The UGC has invited applications from eligible candidates for National Eligibility Test (NET) entrance examination scheduled to be held on January 22, 2017.
The NET examination is a selection process for Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer conducted by the UGC. The examination will be held to test candidates in 84 subjects. The exam will be conducted across 90 cities in the country.
Who is eligible to take up UGC NET Jan 2017 exam?
- Candidates should have scored aggregate of 55% in their post graduate degree or equivalent
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category can will be givn a 5% relaxation in their aggregate marks
- Candidates should have obtained a PG degree or equivalent from a recognised institute
- Candidates in their final year of master's degree can also apply
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online through the official website of NET
- Application fee of Rs 600 must be paid will general category candidtes, Rs 300 by OBC candidates and Rs 100 by candidates belonging to the SC/ST category
- Last date to apply online: November 16, 2016
- Last date to submit fee through challan: November 17, 2016
- Error correction application form: November 22, 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Admit card will be available for download from: December 21, 2016
- Date of UGC NET exam: January 22, 2017