In a short notification, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released the exam dates for UGC NET 2017. The exam will be held on 22 January, 2017.
The National Eligibility Test (NET) for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship is conducted by UGC twice in a year.
The details of the examination will be published on the official website on 15 October, 2016. The online application process will be starting in November 2016, as of now.
The exams will be conducted for 95 different subjects from the arts and humanities discipline. The test can be taken in the subject of post graduation by the desired candidate.
How to Apply:
- Go to the official page
- Register yourself using a valid email id
- Login with the credentials emailed to you
- Fill up the form
- Upload photo and signature
- Make payment
- Submit the application
Exam Pattern of UGC NET:
UGC NET exam is conducted in three parts known as Paper - I, Paper - II and Paper - III.
Paper - I: It is a 100 marks paper which has to be solved in the duration of 1 hour 15 minutes.
Paper - II: It is a 100 marks paper about the relevant subject and has to be solved within the given duration of 1 hour 15 minutes
Paper - III: It is a 150 marks paper based on the subject. It has to be solved in the given duration of 2 hours 20 minutes
- Candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks of all three papers as directed by UGC
- From those who obtained the minimum marks in each paper, a list of top 15% candidates is prepared who are qualified for NET
- From those qualified for NET, a merit list of candidates qualifying JRF is prepared
|Start date of online application||17.10.16|
|Last date of online application||16.11.16|
|Last date of paying fee||17.11.16|
|Admit card download||21.12.16|
On qualifying JRF the candidate is eligible to pursue research in his/her subject of post graduation as well as being an assistant professor of the subject in any recognized university.