New Delhi: The University Grants Commission Tuesday notified 21 universities as "fake", with the highest (9) being in Uttar Pradesh, followed by Delhi (5).
Apart from the nine, there is one more university in Lucknow whose matter is being heard before court.
According the the UGC website, in Delhi, the Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, United Nations University, Vocational University, ADR-Centric Juridical University in Rajendra Place, and Indian Institute of Science and Engineering were notified as fake.
The remaining seven that have been declared fake include one institution each in Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
List of fake universities:
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi - 110008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- St. John's University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
- Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women's University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh.