Thapar Ubniversity, Patiala, is all set to organise an International conference on 'Changing Prospectives and Paradigms in Business and Behavioral Sciences 2014' (CPPBBS). The conference will provide a platform to international scholars and researchers to share their experience and enrich the knowledge of young students.
In view of Globalisation there is sea change in the way business is conducted and academically perceived and analysed. New rules & regulations with stronger IPR norms and removal of restrictions on trade have given rise to a new order. In 1991, India adopted new Economic policy resting on the three planks of liberalisation, privatisation and Globalisation. India signed WTO in 1995 and adopted TRIPS as part of WTO. TRIPS introduced a stringent IPR Regime.
Strong IPR environment had a lot of implications on different sectors, be it Pharmaceutical sector or software industry. Thus, it becomes all the more important to focus on these issues. It has become extremely important to discuss the changing Perspectives and Paradigms in Business in this dynamic business environment. IPRs brought with them a lot of ethical issues regarding copyright infringement, patent challenges, trademark imitations. Equally significant are the behavioral changes that are casting their spell on business environment.
Sub-themes of the conference:
- Business Communication in Changing Business Environment
- Emerging Trends in Media and Creative Industry
- New Trends in Marketing and Retailing
- Evolution and Changes in Quality Management
- New Developments in Finance and Banking Sector
- Evolution of E-Business in New Sectors
- Knowledge Management and Knowledge Economy
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Multilateral Trade Agreements and their Impact on Business
- Importance of Culture in Business
- Change Management
- Multi-lateral Work Environment
- Work-Life Balance
- Evolving Entrepreneurial Eco-systems
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Strategic Issues in Business
- Energy and Environmental Challenges
- Creativity and Its Representation: Literature,Culture and Language
- Submission date- 25th February, 2014
- Date of acceptance- 2nd March, 2014
- Date of registration- Till 12th March, 2014
- Date of conference- 28-29 March, 2014
For more details click here.