Now it may happen that you have booked a slot for GRE and you are unable to make it for several reasons. What would you do then? Reschedule the test for another day. Here are the steps to reschedule:
Computer based test:
To re-schedule online:
1) Go to ETS home page.
2) Click on GRE under Tests and Products.
3) Sign in.
4) Click on Register for GRE test.
5) Click on GRE general test
6) Click on "Reschedule or Cancel an Exam" link.
7) Enter "Confirmation/Tracking Number" and the first four letters of your last name in the respective fields and click "Next."
8) Reschedule either by selecting a particular date or by selecting a 3 month period option.
9) Make the payment of $50
10) You should now receive a confirmation email, with the changed test date.
Or you can reschedule by calling 1-443-751-4820,1-800-GRE-CALL (1-800-473-2255), or by contacting the respective Regional Registration Center.
For paper based test :
Call or write to the GRE® Program with your name, date of birth, address, registration number, test date, preferred test center and new test date.
PO Box 6000,Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
Your request that is mailed must be received by them no later than 3 wholes days before the actual test date.
Rescheduling the test either online or via mail will cost $50 (for 2013)
You are not allowed to transfer the date to next testing year.