Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme, launched by the Reliance Industries Limitied aims at extending financial assistance to Indian nationals living in India and helps students to obtain MBA at Standford.
Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) has enrolled many Indian students over the years, and they form a vital part of the student body. The financial assistance through fellowship programme motivates and encourages Indian students to enroll in the Standford business school.
Stanford Graduate School of Business award five fellowships ever year. Fellowship includes some of the following criteria:
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will obtain financial support, which covers the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Programme (approximately $140,000 total)
- After completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India for a period of at least two years to work for an Indian organization
- Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities
Fellowship process and evaluation criteria
- Apply for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme
- Apply to Stanford MBA Programme
- Attend Stanford MBA Programme
- Return to work in India for at least two years
Steps and Eligibility Criteria for Application process
- Aspiring candidates have to complete the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme Application.
- About 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are awarded with the scholarships. Candidates will be selected based on the merit, commitment to developing India and financial need.
- After completion of the application process for the Standford MBA programme candidates should take up the admission process
- As a part of admission, candidates who are awarded with Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme finalists must meet all Stanford GSB application requirements, including submission of GMAT or GRE and IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL if applicable
- Out of the 50 finalists Stanford GSB select five fellows each year. The selection of finalists will be based on primary admission criteria like intellectual vitality, demonstrated leadership potential and personal qualities and contributions
Requirements to apply for fellowship differ from the requirements of the MBA Programme application. Fellowship application materials include the following requirements:
- 10th board exams, 12th board exams, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) or Common Admission Test (CAT).
- Candidate may also submit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE), if available
- These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you're selected as a finalist, you'll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the MBA Programme
- If candidate went to an undergraduate college or university where the language of instruction was not English, he/she may also be required to take an English-language exam
- Official transcripts are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts in the MBA application and will submit official copies upon admission to the MBA Programme.
- Awards and honours (academic or social)
- Finalists are required to submit two letters of recommendation in the MBA application along with one-page resume or curriculum vitae, 250-word essay and Individual financial information
For more information, click here
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme application available online||20 April 2015 to 8 June 2015|
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme application submission deadline|| 8 June 2015|
(5:00pm Pacific Time)
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme finalists notified|| 2 July 2015|
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme finalists prepare and submit Stanford MBA application||2 July 2015 - September 2015|
|Stanford MBA Programme application due||22 September 2015|
|Stanford releases admission decisions including those for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows||9 December 2015|
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows matriculate in Stanford MBA Programme||September 2016|