The results of the 'Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive' exam results, 2016 has been released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Candidates can view it on the SSC official website.
The computer based examination was held on December 3, 2016 and December 31, 2016 at various centres across the nation. Over 270 candidates had appeared for the exam.
How to check the SSC UGLDC Exam 2016 results:
In order to check the same, all the candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Log on to the official website ssc.nic.in
- Click on relevant link
- Click on the activated link 'Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2016. Declaration of result of Paper-1 for evaluation of Paper-II'
- The results will be displayed
- Take a print out of the same for future reference.
The examination was held to fill vacancies in the Select List of Upper Division Grade of various Services/ Cadres for posts in:
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service
- Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service
- Central Hindi Directorate
- M/o Human Resource Development (Deptt.of Higher Education)
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Central Administrative Tribunal (PB)
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Environment and Forests
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
The Estimates committee in the Parliament recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission in its 47th report (1967-68) for conducting examinations to recruit lower categories of posts. Later, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, on 4th November 1975 Government of India constituted a commission called Subordinate Service Commission.
On 26th September 1977, Subordinate Services Commission was renamed as Staff Selection Commission. The functions of Staff Selection Commission were redefined by The Government of India through Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions on 21st May 1999. Then the new constitution and functions of Staff Selection Commission came into effect from 1st June 1999. Every year SSC conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for recruiting non-gazetted officers to various government jobs.