The SSC junior engineers' (civil, mechanical, electrical and quantity surveying and contract) examination 2016 has been postponed yet again! The SSC JE exam 2016 has been further postponed to February 2017.
Recently, the SSC had postponed the junior engineers'(JE) exams from December 8, 9 and 12 to between December 20 and December 23, 2016.
The SSC has issued a notification saying the examination has been postponed due to administrative reasons. The notification says, the JE Examination-2016 (Paper-I), which was tentatively scheduled to be held from 20.12.2016 to 23.12.2016, has been rescheduled due to administrative reasons and would now be held in the month of February 2017. The exact dates for JE Examination-2016 (Paper-I & Paper-II) would be intimated shortly."
The dates for the examination which is likely to be held in February 2017 is yet be announced.
Whatsoever is the reason and the exam dates, candidates aspiring for the SSC JE examination are left in a state of confusion.
SSC JE Exam Paper Pattern
- The examination will be of objective nature
- Total marks will be 200
- The duration of the examinatin is 2 hours
- The question paper for 200 marks will have 50 marks questions on general awareness and 100 marks on general engineering (civil and structural) or general engineering (electrical) or general engineering (mechanical)
- In the general engineering section, candidates will be required to attempt only the part as opted by them during filling of the application form
- Negative marks of 0.25 marks will be applicable for each wrong answer
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) was set up in 1977 for conducting examinations for government to recruit officers. The aim of SSC is to ensure that the examination tests the candidate's abilities to work in a public service job. Candidates need to have the knowledge and the skill to help citizens get their job done, and allow the country to run smoothly. In fact, a public service job is a bigger responsibility than a private one. That's why government recruitment exams are tough to crack.
Role of Junior Engineer
A newly recruited Junior Engineer will be given charge of a section in the organisations mentioned and he or she will be responsible for various functions carried out by the section. It starts from taking stock of daily work done by the laborers to making plans for the next day regarding allotment of work, supervising etc.