July 31, Bangalore: Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have announced the Registration for Common Admission Test 2016 (CAT 2016). The Advertisement for CAT 2016 has been released in newspapers across the country on 31stJuly, 2016 (Sunday).
- CAT 2016 will be conducted in two sessions. The exam will be held on 4th December, 2016 (Sunday).
- The exam will be conducted in 138 cities
- Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference. Test Cities and Centers will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2016 registration, and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
- We will try our best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case where a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted to an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
- After submission of Applications, candidates will be permitted to download their Admit Card from October 18, 2016 onwards, till the date of examination.
Read: How to Apply For CAT?
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
* Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
* Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
* Section III: Quantitative Ability
Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section
- Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website from 18th October 2016. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
Candidates are welcome to contact the helpdesk over mail or phone if they have any queries on any matter related to CAT 2016.
Important Dates for CAT 2016:
1. Online Registration: 8th August to 22nd September 2016, 5:00 p.m.
2. Download of Admit Card: 18th October 2016, 1:00 p.m. to Exam Day
3. Test Date: 4th December 2016 (Sunday) (Forenoon & Afternoon Sessions)
4. Release of Results: Second week of January 2017 (Tentative)
Help Desk email ID: email@example.com
Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
(Monday to Saturday 09:00 a.m. to 05:30 p.m.; not available on National/Public Holidays)
CAT Centre 2016
C/O Admissions Office
ContactNumber: 080-2699 3388