RBI to provide Research Internship Scheme for students
Students who aspire to do PhD in economics, finance and banking related fields have a reason to smile as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has stepped forward to provide such students a Research Internship Scheme. The scheme will be helpful to the research aspirants in moving from one position to the other in government run research institutions or financial institutions, where they need to exhibit their quantitative and analytic inclination.
What are the requirements to be a part of the RBI scheme?
Qualification: You should have completed 3 year undergraduate degree and one additional year of post-graduate studies or 4 year integrated courses like B.E./B.Tech before joining the scheme
What will be the roles and responsibilities?
- Help and work jointly with the RBI researchers on concerned projects
- Give policy related inputs and papers to be published in quality economics and financial journals
How to Submit Applications?
Send your CV along with references and statement of purpose to the given email id related to your research topic or department.
How will RBI select the candidates?
- Every year, maximum 10 candidates could be selected for internship
- The shortlisted candidates will attend personal interviews
- RBI will select candidates every year depending upon its requirements
- Internship begins from January 1 or July 1 of every year
- Aspirants can apply in the first five months - from January to May or from July to November
How long does the internship last?
- Basically, the duration of internship will be of 6 months
- It can be extended by another 6 months depending upon the unit requirements and how the candidate performs
What will be the payment?
The intern will receive a sum of Rs. 35, 000/- as a stipend per month.
Where will the interns be placed?
- RBI will place the interns at Mumbai
- Their placements will be in Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR) or Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM) or Strategic Research Unit (SRU)