The Reserve Bank of India has notified changes in the exam pattern for selection for Officers in Grade - B (DR) positions from the year 2015. The changes, however, have been made only in Phase 2 exam. The exam will consist of two phases followed by an interview. The examination is going to be computer based for both the phases. Phase 1 is an objective type paper Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) consisting of 200 marks.
Phase 2 examination will consist of 3 papers, 2 compulsory and 1 optional consisting of 100 marks each.
Changes in the Phase 2 paper are as follows:
1. 'Economics and Social Issues' paper are now compulsory.
2. English paper will be descriptive type and computer based.
3. The third paper will be optional. Candidates will have a choice from Finance & management / Economics/ Statistics.
Educational qualification required for Grade B Officers:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor's Degree as well as in class 10 and class 12 examinations.
- The age of the candidates must be between 21-30 years.
- Candidates qualifying Phase 1 examination will be eligible for Phase 2 examination.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of combined marks of Phase 2 and Interview. The interview carries 30 marks.
Number of attempts:
- The maximum permissible number of attempts (which were applicable for candidates belonging to Unreserved/General Category) has been increased from 4 to 6.