To provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education "Pragati Scholarship" has been launched by the Government from the year 2014-15.
The salient features of the "Pragati Scholarship" are as under:
- Number of scholarship per annum: Rs 4000/-
- One Girl per family whose family income is less than Rs.6 Lakhs per annum
- The candidates will be selected on merit at the qualifying examination
- The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year of the degree or diploma programme in any of the AICTE approved institute during the academic year 2014-15 through centralized admission process of the State /Central Government.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs. 2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
At present, the government does not propose to revise the eligibility criteria and other conditions of the " Pragati Scholarship".