The admissions for Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) -New Delhi has opened for the upcoming academic year. The registration process is online for PhD programme (winter session) for the academic session 2016-17.
The subjects available for taking up are:
Go through the prescribed format in the online application form. The last date to apply for the admission is January 27, 2017. Applications will be accepted only till 4pm. Candidates whose applications are accepted will be called to write an entrance exam called the Common Entrance Test (CET). This will be held on February 12, 2017.
Concession for CET
Candidates who have qualified Council of Scientific and Industrial Research/University Grants Commission (UGC) - National Eligibility Test-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/lecturership, Department of Biotechnology -JRF, Indian Council of Medical Research -JRF or having equivalent fellowships are exempted from the CET.
All the candidates interested in applying need to possess at least one of the following certificates:
- Master's degree in Arts/Science/Technology/Education
- Postgraduate degree approved by Association of Indian Universities/All-India Council for Technical Education/UGC/National Council For Teacher Education/ or any other equivalent qualification in the relevant field.
OC candidates should at least possess a minimum of 55 per cent marks for the general category. Whereas, SC/ST applicants will get a relaxation of five per cent.
The selection of the candidates will be based on an interview or a written examination.
Candidates need to check the official notification available at
How to apply
- Log on to the official website www.ipu.ac.in
- Click on the relevant link
- Enter all the required details in the prescribed format
- Click Submit