National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur, has announced two-day workshop on "Intellectual Property Rights", under TEQIP-II, Industry-Institute Interaction Cell National Institute of Technology, Raipur (CG).
Objective of workshop:
Intellectual Properties are assets produced by creative research. Since most research and development activities have an innovative content, knowledge about the Intellectual Property system and rights is necessary. Learning the trade of treating IPR issues while establishing and conducting research activities is therefore useful. In addition, aiming towards the proper protection of IP is an effective way of promoting the actual exploitation of research outcome. The positive nature of IPR and related issues such as licensing and technology transfer can only be fruitfully exploited by having a clear understanding on how to manage them.
The two-day long program schedule proposes to broadly cover:
- IPR Laws & Practices in India, International IPR Scenario and its impact on Indian Companies, Intellectual Property Building Strategy, Commercialization of IPR.
- Importance of Copyrights and Enforcement of Registered vs. Unregistered Copyrights, Differences between Copyrights and Designs as regards enforcement criterion.
- Introduction and overview of Trade Mark, Standards for registration of Trade Marks in India, Significance of Trade Marks.
- Introduction to Patents, Need for Patents and Procedure to Get patents, Patent Preparation.
- Prosecution and Searches, Types of Searches, Modes of conducting searches, scope of each search.
- IP Litigation, Patent Infringement, Remedies and Routes Available, Litigation Scenario in Courts.
- IP Commercialization, Technology Transfer Issues, Licensing.
- Focus on Other IP's, Copyrights, Designs, and Trade Secrets. Infringement Procedures.
- Faculty and research scholars and students can take part.
Registration fees: INR Rs. 1500/-
Payment of fees should be made through an "A/c payee" DD/CHEQUE drawn in favor of "The Director, NIT Raipur" payable at SBI, GCET Raipur branch.
Last date for registration: 7th February, 2014.
Selected candidates will be notified by 12th February, 2014.
The workshop will be held between 14th and 15th February, 2014.
For further details and to register click here