National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur invites applications to a short term course on Advanced Material Physics.
This course is conducted by the Department of Physics, NIT, Raipur.
About the course :
Theoretical research employs mathematical models to explain and predict new physical phenomena. The advancement of computational software's gives a new direction to theoretical research on advanced materials. Materials such as Graphene, multifferoic, III-V Nitrides, Rare Earth and Tera Hertz Plasmonics materials etc are now attracting researchers and academicians due to their unusual superior properties with high technological relevance. The physics-based numerical simulation provides an efficient and economical way for complementing experimental investigations. The lack of accurate theoretical models and calculations makes it difficult to interpret experimental data and find the optimum properties for application. This course focuses on the theoretical and computational simulation work of fundamental properties of these advanced materials and their recent research status. Faculty, Scientists, Research scholars, U.G and P.G students from academic institutes, would benefit from the proposed course.
Course contents :
- Mathematical basics of Nanotechnology
- Fundamental study of Graphene
- Simulation of optoelectronics materials and devices
- Computation of band structure of advanced optical materials
- Fundamentals about multiferroics
- Concepts of Plasmonics and applications
- The essentials of God particle
Course fee :
Registration form duly filled along with demand draft of registration fee drawn in favour of the "Director, National Institute of Technology, Raipur" payable at Raipur, should reach the course coordinator on or before the last date.
- Industry Professionals: Rs. 5000 /-
- Academician: Rs. 1500 /-
- Students (Research Scholar / U.G / P.G): Rs. 1000 /-
- Last date of submission of registration form: 11th May, 2014
- Notification of confirmation through e-mail: 12th May, 2014
- The course will be conducted from 19th to 23rd May, 2014
Click here for more details and to register