National Institute of Technology (NIT), Suratkal, signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
A formal MOU was signed by Prof Swapan Bhattacharya on behalf of NITK and by Shri S N Subrahmanyan (Senior Executive Vice President - Infrastructure & Construction) on behalf of L&T.
The MOU was signed on 3rd Nov 2013 at L&T Construction Corporate Headquarters in Chennai.
The Build India Scholarship (BIS) Programme of L&T is a pioneering and successful programme involving Industry-Academia cooperation.
L&T, being desirous of expanding the BIS Programme by partnering with more academic institutions of repute, approached NITK for collaboration.
NITK, after detailed deliberations at the BOG, Board of Studies and Senate, accepted the offer from L&T and decided to take up as one of the flagship activity under the Industry-Institute Collaboration.
The activities planned under the MOU include:
- Running L&T-sponsored master's programme - M.Tech. (Construction Technology & Management) at NITK from the academic year 2014-15 onwards.
- Collaboration in other post graduate programmes on need basis.
- Visits to L&T construction sites by UG / PG students for summer internship & project work.
- Organising expert lectures, joint workshops and symposia.
- Collaboration in R&D activities.