The deadline for registration for postgraduate NEET 2017 has been extended by 7 days. Candidates aspiring for postgraduate courses in medical and dental colleges can submit their application forms on or before November 7, 2016.
Earlier the registrations for NEET PG 2017 was scheduled to end on October 31, 2016. The online application for the same began from September 26, 2016.
The NEET entrance examination for PG courses will be held between December 5, 2016 - December 13, 2016 for PG courses and will be held from November 30, 2016 to December 3, 2016 for dental courses.
The examination will be in 86 centres across 41 cities in the country.
From 2016, the NEET is the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admissions into postgraduate and undergraduate medical and dental courses.
Who can apply for NEET PG 2017?
- Candidate who holds a MBBS degree from a recognised institutes with a mandatory internship and permanent registration from MCI can apply for NEET 2017.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply online through the official website of NEET.
- The application fee is of Rs. 3750 for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 2750 for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates
NEET PG 2017 examination pattern
- It will be an online examination
- The paper will comprise of 300 MCQs from the MBBS curriculum followed at medical colleges in India
- The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.