New Delhi, June 15, 2015: The Supreme Court will pronounce on June 15 its order on a batch of petitions seeking re-conduct of All India Pre Medical Entrance Test (AIPMET) following the leak of the question paper and circulation of answer keys through electronic devices at different examination centres across 10 states.
The apex court vacation bench comprising Justices R.K. Agrawal and Amitava Roy reserved the order on Friday as CBSE which had conducted the exam opposed the plea for re-conduct of the examination, saying that it would involve a mammoth exercise spread over a long period.
Appearing for CBSE, Solicitor General Ranjit Kumar said that for the conduct of the examination now under question, the preparations were started in October last year before it was conducted on May 3 this year.
This, he said, to tell the court the magnitude of the efforts that goes into the conduct of the examination and which will have to be re-done if court orders a re-conduct.
Contending that only 44 students have been identified to be alleged beneficiaries of the paper leak, the solicitor general said that it should not come in the way of the declaration of the results affecting 6.30 lakh students who took the entrance test.