Scholarship means - a grant or payment made to support a students' education, awarded on the basis of academic or another achievement.
There is a difference in the cost of education in India and abroad. The candidates who are planning to pursue their higher education in abroad universities have to plan for financial assistance.
The fee structure for the courses in abroad universities can range between 15 lakhs to 30 lakhs. It may vary between the courses and countries they chose to study. Scholarships play an important role for those students who are planning to study abroad.
Some of the states and central government offers scholarships to the students.
Here is a list of scholarship for Indian students:
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
- USIEF Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- International PG Research Scholarship by Australia
- Huawei Maitree Scholarship for study in China
- Raman-Charpak Fellowship for Indian and French Ph.D students
- Tata Scholarship for Cornell University, US
- UCD UG scholarship
- Oxford University's Rhodes Scholarship
- University of Sheffield's Scholarship
- India4EU II Scholarship to study in Europe
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- Hornby Scholarship to study in UK
- Melbourne - India PG Scholarship
- University of Sessex Scholarship