Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invited applications for Recruitment of temporary posts at various levels in the various Group projects for Research and Technical positions. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 27 August 2015.
Name and Number of Vacant Posts
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): 1 Post
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): 1 Post
- Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF): 1 Post
- Technical Assistant: 2 posts
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Rs.12000 + 30% HRA p.m.
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Rs.14000 + 30% HRA p.m.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF): Rs.22000 + 30% HRA
- Technical Assistant: Rs.18000/- pm consolidated
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): MSc in Human Genetics and hands-on experience in micro RNA sub-culturing in mammalian cell system and expertise in handling Real-Time PCR.
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF): MSc in Bioinformatics and minimum 2 years research experience, specialization in micro RNA, molecular modelling, systems and/or Synthetic biology with publication in the relevant area.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF): PhD in Science (Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, & Statistics), specialized in the area of Computational Biology/Structural Bioinformatics/Quantum Chemistry/Molecular Dynamics & Simulation /Systems Biology , reflected by thesis topics and or publication of papers during PhD and/or Post doctoral experience.
- Technical Assistant: MSc or B.Tech in any of the Science/Technology subjects with experience to handle modern equipments used in Bioscience/Biotechnology research and Knowledge and experience in maintenance and handling of computers, knowledge in Linux OS and the use of various software will be mandatory criteria for the post.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply on plain paper indicating name, date of birth/age, address, essential /technical/professional qualifications, experience and research work. Application Form, duly complete in all respect should reach to the Programme Coordinator, DBT-JNU BUILDER programme, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 27 August 2015
Young at forty two years, as universities go, what has lent strength and energy to Jawaharlal Nehru University is the vision that ideas are a field for adventure, experimentation and unceasing quest and diversity of opinions its chief premise. In the early 1970s, when JNU opened its doors to teachers and students, frontier disciplines and new perspectives on old disciplines were brought to the Indian university system.
The excellent teacher-student ratio at 1:10, a mode of instruction which encouraged students to explore their own creativity instead of reproducing received knowledge, and an exclusively internal evaluation were a new experiment on the Indian academic landscape; these have stood the test of time.
The very Nehruvian objectives embedded in the founding of the University, national integration, social justice, secularism, the democratic way of life, international understanding and scientific approach to the problems of society had built into it constant and energetic endeavour to renew knowledge through self-questioning.