Jamia Millia Islamia, a central University is all set to conduct an international conference on 'Education as a Right Across the Levels: Challenges, Opportunities and Strategies'. The mission of the conference is to guide the provision of education for all across all levels (primary, secondary and higher education) so that they are able to pursue knowledge and skills, manifest excellence in performance, defend democratic ideals irrespective of gender, religion, caste, creed, economic status or any other discriminatory characteristic. Students can register themselves for the conference by visiting JMI's official website.
Call for papers:
Faculty of Education, Jamia Millia Islamia invites papers from academicians from across the world for the International conference on the theme 'Education as a right across the levels: Challenges, Opportunities and Strategies'. The contributors are encouraged to submit well researched articles that yield useful insights and make meaningful contribution to the field. The submissions may include research reports, field experiences or case studies.
In Person: Rs. 3000 for Indian delegates (In case of co authors, each participant would pay the fee) and $ 300 for foreign delegates.
Topics to be covered:
- Status of elementary education : policy initiatives at national & global levels
- Inclusion as a mandatory commitment.
- Curriculum, text books, pedagogical practices, school ecology and assessment.
- Innovations and success stories-case presentations.
- Exploring alternative modes
- Technology for leveraging RTE.
- RTE : Legal discourses
- Literacy as an empowering tool
- Issues in implementation, regulation and accreditation
- Policy Initiatives across different countries.
- Context sensitivity and Community Orientation in secondary school curriculum
- Inclusion : Challenges and Possibilities.
- The issue of Vocationalisation at secondary level
- Liberalisation Privatisation Globalisation : Implications for secondary level
- Role for Technology
- Issues in universalisation of secondary education
Wellness for all
- Conference starts on: 10th March, 2014
- Conference ends on: 11th March, 2014
For more details, click here.