Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMBx) is conducting an online course on 'Introduction to Managerial Economics', an introduction to Microeconomics and its impact on managerial decision making in today's business world.
About The Course:
The course enable you to learn how markets work and how to make good decisions as a manager or as an individual operating in a market environment. Exposure to Economics is essential for all students of management. This course will provide a simple introduction to Managerial Economics and use minimum mathematics.
- How markets work; supply, demand and market equilibrium
- Elasticity of supply and demand, taxes and subsidies
- Production of goods and services, measures of productivity
- Making decisions for hiring and spending on infrastructure
- Opportunity costs, different cost concepts, planning for the future
- Pricing and selling decisions with different types of competitive pressures
- Problems with markets and what we can do about it
Candidate should have basic analytical and logical reasoning skills: the ability to understand and draw simple graphs and knowledge of elementary (10th standard, high school) algebra.
- Course Starts on: October 20, 2015
- Course Length: 6 weeks