IIT Madras is all set to conduct its international colloquium on 'Materials, Manufacturing and Metrology'. This conference will provide a forum for teachers, researchers and personnel from the industry to come together and discuss the latest developments in the areas of materials, manufacturing and metrology. Interested candidates can register themselves by logging on to the official website of IITM.
This conference will help the delegates to update their knowledge and it also provides a platform for future research activities in the fields of materials, manufacturing and metrology. This colloquium also serves as a workshop for young researchers to build their research in the above mentioned areas. It is being organised to felicitate Prof. MS Shunmugam, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras.
Topics to be covered:
- Surface Engineering and Materials
- Computational Materials Mechanics
- Smart Materials
- Functionally Graded Materials
- Polymers, Plastics and Composites
- Advanced Materials
- Casting, Forming and Joining
- Rapid Tooling and Manufacturing
- Conventional and Unconventional Process
- Micro/ Nano Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control
- Machine Learning Approaches to Manufacturing
Call for papers:
Extended abstract on the related technical areas listed in the conference topics are invited by e-mail or post. Authors are required to send original and unpublished research work in the form of an extended abstract. The extended abstract should be two A4 size pages including text, figures, tables and references. It should be either in MS word or PDF format with single line spacing, double column in Times New Roman.
- Extended abstract submission: 15th March, 2014
- Submission of full papers: 30th April, 2014
- Conference starts: 8th August, 2014
- Conference ends on: 9th August, 2014
For more details, click here.