IIT Kanpur, will be conducting an international conference on 'Energy Efficient LED Lighting and Solar PhotoVoltaic Systems'. The conference is being organised jointly by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur & Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) Kanpur Center. Students can register themselves by logging on to the official website of IITK.
The usage of electricity is increasing day by day to meet people's growing energy demands. A large part of it comes from technologies based on exhaustible & polluting fossil fuels like coal, gas etc. It is desired that the share of clean, green, renewable and non-hazardous sources is increased to make this planet safe and inhabitable for its flower and fauna. Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) and Solar cells are two such technologies having potentials of providing efficient lighting and electricity from renewable and inexhaustible source. LEDs and solar cells are closely related technologies and are in fact complementary to each other. One converts electricity to light while other converts light into electricity. LED street lightings sourced through photovoltaic systems are widely used. However, present usage of these technologies in overall electricity consumption is quite small. To address these issues, an International Conference on Energy Efficient LED Lighting and Solar Photovoltaic Systems is being organised at IIT Kanpur, jointly by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Kanpur Center.
Call for papers:
The conference invites original technical papers that have not been previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Contributions addressing all subjects pertaining to LED and Photovoltaic materials, devices and system are solicited. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Photovoltaic materials, devices, product and commercialisation.
- Silicon Photovoltaic technology, manufacturing - current status.
- High Efficiency III-V, Multi-junction solar Cells and concentrator
- Thin Film: CdTe, CIGS, Micromorph, Crystalline Silicon etc.
- Emerging Technologies: Polymer, Grätzel, Bio, Nano particles/ rods based Cells
- Building Integrated Photovoltaic.
- DC-DC and DC-AC converters & other BOS items.
- Grid connected and Off-grid PV systems - design and interfacing.
- Installation, System Integration, Data acquisition & monitoring and analysis.
- Economic, Regulatory & Policy issues related to PV.
- LED Materials, devices, products and characterisation.
- LED Lighting -current status of usage, efficiency & economy.
- Inorganic LEDs Lighting - technology and manufacturing status in India
- Solar based LED lighting - economy and efficiency
- Emerging organic LED lighting - Technology status
- LED Drivers - design & production issues
- Luminaries - design & production issues
- Production, installation and policy issues
Conference Date: 28 March - 29 march, 2014
For more details, click here.