The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) will be celebrating "Open Day" on Saturday, March 4, 2017. On the open day occasion, every lab on the institute campus demonstrates ongoing research work and fun experiments.
In a press release, Prof TN Guru Row, dean, science faculty, IISc has said, "This year a new concept called "Kids Zone" has been introduced, where basic school level science experiments will be demonstrated by students from different departments at one place."
The event is aimed at triggering curiosity for science among young minds. The Institute has also invited many schools students to visit the event on Saturday.
About IISc Open Day:
Open Day is the occasion where the Indian Institute of Science opens its doors to the general public to visit, learn, ask and understand the research culture here. CSA gladly invites students, professors, lecturers and teachers from various academic institutions and professionals from the Industry, in general - anyone with curiosity.
- Tailored to address the wide variety of audience- from school kids to Professors-CSA Open Day involves a variety of events:
- Talks: Technical lectures by eminent personalities in the field of Computer Science.
- Open Labs: Project and tool demonstrations, posters describing the work done in the various laboratories.
- Interactive Demos: A plethora of models related to Computer Science topics that cater to a wide audience.
- Competitive Events: Programming, machine learning and so much more!
- Stalls: Set up by our sponsors and the Karnataka Free Software Movement.
- You do not need to register if you're visiting only for the talks and interactive demos.
- For the competitive events, online registration is mandatory.
IISc Open Day Events:
- Programmers' Parliament.
- Blind Coding.
- Amazon Qlearn.
- Microsoft Hackathon.
- Inquizitive (School).
- Quest for d Next.
- Hour Fire.
- March 4, 2017.
Department of Computer Science and Automation,
Indian Institute of Science,
For more details, get in touch with the official website