The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released admit cards/call letters for the preliminary examination scheduled to be held on October 16, 22, and 23. The examination is held for selection of candidates for the post of Probationary Officers (PO)/management trainees (CWE PO/MT-VI) in various public sector banks and other participating organisations.
Candidates who have registered for the PO examination can download their call letters from the official website of the IBPS by following the below listed steps:
Steps to download IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Call Letters:
- Candidates have to log on to the official website of IBPS
- Click on the live link 'Click here to download your preliminary examination call letter for CWE PO/ MT VI'
- Candidates will now have to enter their registration number and roll number along with their date of birth
- On successful submission of the above details, the call letters will be displayed on your screen
- Candidates are required to take a print out of their admit cards for future reference
Who is a Probationary Officer (PO)?
Employee who is newly recruited as an officer an entry level position or a junior level cader is called PO. PO has to serve probationary period for at least 2 years, during which he/she undergoes training in handling various roles, responsibilities and functions in different departments of a particular bank. After the completion of the probationary period PO would be designated Assistant Manager.
Job Roles of PO:
The PO would be assigned to work in several departments based on the directions of senior manager.Handling General banking and bank administration would be the prominent role of a PO. In order to supervise various issues PO are expected to have good communication skills and ability to resolve conflicts. For detailed information about job roles of a PO, click here.