The registration process for Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET 2017) opened yesterday. Candidates can apply for the test at the HPCET official website www.himtu.ac.in. The organiser of this exam is Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU), Hamirpur.
The entrance examination is conducted for admitting candidates into Bachelor of Technology (BTech) direct entry, Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm), BPharm (Ayurveda), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Technology (MTech) and Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) programmes for the session 2017.
Dates to Note
- The date of the exam is May 13 and it will be held in offline mode
- The last date for registering for the exam is April 20
Those who are interested in applying for this course should hold a Bachelor's degree from a recognised institute/university with minimum 50 per cent.
Those who are interested in applying must have passed intermediate and class 12 from a recognised institute/university with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the chemistry/biotechnology/biology/technical vocational subject.
Interested candidates should be holding a Bachelor's degree in engineering technology from any recognised university/institute with minimum 50 per cent.
- The entrance test for each program will be pen and paper based test and conducted in single phase in offline mode
- All questions shall be objective type (multiple choice questions); each question will carry a choice of four answers. The candidate will have to choose one correct answer only
- Each correct answer fetches 2 (two) marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 0.5 mark. No marks shall be awarded for questions not attempted