Guru Nanak Dev Univeristy is conducting a short term course on 'posttranscriptional control of gene expression in eukaryotes.' Eukaryotes is an organism consisting of a cell or cells in which the genetic material is DNA in the form of chromosomes contained within a distinct nucleus.
This course will provide a background in concepts and will include an overview of current
experimental approaches that are used to study aspects of posttranscriptional regulation.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
1. Be familiar with the current state of knowledge of mechanisms of mRNA biogenesis,
processing, functioning, and turnover.
2. Understand the methodology behind the advances and current study of
posttranscriptional control mechanisms.
3. Be cognizant of the theoretical underpinnings of the field.
4. Be able to formulate and test hypotheses that pertain to the role(s) that
posttranscriptional control may play in gene expression.
Name of the course
Post-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
Key points covered
- Background- the importance of posttranscriptional control from a theoretical perspective
- Accessing high throughput sequencing data
- Alternative RNA processing: outcomes, mechanisms, and regulation
- RNA quality control and surveillance RNA-Seq library preparation
- The Small RNA World Analyzing high throughput sequencing data
- Posttranscriptional control in context
- Integration into regulatory networks
- Analyzing high throughput
- Sequencing data
Student at all levels (B.Sc./MSc/MTech/PhD) of Life sciences including
Biotechnology, Biochemistry and molecular biology, Botany, Microbiology,
Human genetics, Zoology etc.
• Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions.
• Researchers /Post-doc/ Research associate from Universities, Govt. and
- Participants from abroad: US $ 200
- Industry/ Research Organizations: Rs. 5000/-
- Academic Institutions:
- BSc Students: Rs. 500/-
- MSc Students: Rs. 1000/-
- PhD Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Faculty members: Rs. 2000/-
20-02-2017 to 25-02-2017
Guru Nanak Dev University
Number of seats
How to apply:
Download the online application form. Fill it and send it to the university venue
Prof. Arthur Garfield Hunt, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY , , United States of America
Prof. Pratap Kumar Pati, Department of Biotechnology
Also Read: Become a Successful Project Manager