The online regsitration process for GATE 2017 begins today. The application process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 is scheduled to begin from September 1, 2016. The registrations for the examination will be through the GATE online application processing system (GOAPS).
GATE is conducted for admissions of candidates into post-graduate programmes like M.E., M.Tech and Direct Ph.D in centrally funded Indian Institutes of higher education. GATE scores are also used used by some public and private sector undertakings for employment processes in India.
This year GATE will be organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. GATE 2017 will be held from February 4, 2017 - February 5, 2017 and February 11, 2016 - February 12, 2017. The entire registration process and uploading of certificate and documents, etc for GATE 2017 will be online only. No hard copy of any of the documents will be entertained.
For the first time, GATE will be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). Read more here: IITs to hold entrance tests in 8 countries for foreign students
Who is eligible to take up GATE 2017?
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree which will be a 4 years degree in B.E/ B.Tech or 3 years degree after B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering/Technology/ B.Arch/ B.Sc (Research)/B.S./ M.Sc./M.A./MCA. For complete details on eligibility criteria click here.
- Candidates in the final year of the undergraduate degree can also apply.
- No age limit is applicable for GATE 2017 registrants.
How to apply for GATE 2017?
- Candidates can apply online only.
- All information for application is through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates have to upload their photograph, signature, thumb impression and qualifying degree certificate and category certificate wherever necessary.
- Application fee of Rs750 must be paid by women candidates and SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Rs1500 must be paid by general category and other candidates.
- US$ 50 is applicable for international candidates.
- For complete details on application procedure, click here.
How to download admit cards?
- The admit cards for GATE 2017 will be available for download from January 5, 2017. For the process of downloading admit cards, click here.
GATE 2017 Question Paper Pattern
- The GATE examination will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- The maximum marks is 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of both multiple choice type and numerical answer type.
- For complete examination pattern for GATE 2017, click here.
Important dates for GATE 2017
- Online registration begins: September 1, 2016
- Last date for online registration: October 4, 2016
- Availability of admit cards for download: January 5, 2017
- GATE 2017 Online examination: February 4, 2017 February 5, 2017 February 11, 2017 February 12, 2017
- GATE 2017 results: March 27, 2017
For more details on GATE 2017, click here.