Uttar Pradesh, will be conducting its Common Admission Test (CAT) for the academic year 2014. This test is conducted jointly by the state and Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of UP. Students can apply by collecting application forms from participating colleges.
To appear in this common admission test, candidates must have passed HSC (10+2 or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% and 40% for SC/ST/OBCs categories.
Also read: Top 10 Medical Colleges in India 2014
Aspiring candidates must have attained the age of 17years as on 31st December of the year of application.
How to apply:
- Aspiring candidates who are willing to appear for this Medical Entrance Exam, can apply by getting application forms from participating colleges in person by Cash/ DD of Rs.800/-
- The DD must only be drawn in favour of "Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of UP". Payable at Bareilly.
- UPCAT application forms are also available in main branches of Oriental Bank of Commerce on cash payment of Rs. 800 in Agra, Kolkata, Patna, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Lucknow, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, New Delhi, Varanasi, Moradabad.
- The entrance examination contains 200 objective type questions and the time alloted is 3 hours.
- There will be 50 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- The syllabus for entrance examination will be as per the 10+2 examination (ICSE / CBSE / U.P. Board or equivalent).
- The question paper will be given in English only.
- The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 3 hours.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer or more than one choice indicated against a question.
- Sale of UPCAT prospectus & application form : 1st week of April, 2014
- Last date of submission of UPCAT BDS form : 1st week of May, 2014
- UPCAT BDS entrance exam date : 2nd week of May, 2014
- Declaration of result : 2nd week of June, 2014