Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune, is set to conduct All India Entrance Test called Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP 2013) for admission to Postgraduate Programmes of the university, commencing in 2013.
SNAP 2013 will be conducted on 15th Dec 2013.
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a common and mandatory written test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Programmes of Symbiosis International University.
SNAP 2013 Pattern / Structure:
- SNAP Test duration is of 120 minutes.
- SNAP Test is an objective test. Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks.
- Candidate must use Blue or Black ball point pen only.
- SNAP contains four sections.
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability.
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency.
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- This section tests the candidates verbal ability, verbal reasoning and reading comprehension skills.
- It mainly focus on Vocabulary, English usage such as Synonyms, antonyms, spellings and fill in the blanks.
- It also cover the topics related to tenses,part of speech and active and passive voice.
Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency:
- This section tests the numerical abilities of the candidates.
- It covers various areas like Algebra, Trigonometry, Arithematic and Geometry.
- In data interpretation, questions are given in form of graphs, charts, tables etc.
- Data sufficiency questions are logical puzzles, which can be best tackled with tricks.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning:
- This section tests the candidates on logical and reasoning skills in a given problem.
- This section covers questions from areas such as Venn-diagrams, coding & decoding, blood relations, verbal analogy, fact interference judgments, cubes and double line distribution.
- This section essentially tests the IQ of a student.
- The general awareness section contains questions from current happenings and also year old events both national and international. Business, politics, sports, awards and distinctions, books.