Puducherry has geared up to conduct Centralised Admission Committee Pondicherry Joint Entrance Test for the academic year 2014. Every year, Central Admission Committee conducts this examination in order to select candidates for the engineering programme offered by the top engineering colleges of Puducherry.
- A candidate should be an Indian national.
- French nationals covered by the treaty of cession are also eligible.
- Applicants should have passed the HSC examination conducted by the board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or the equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 (40% for SC, ST candidates )
- They must have studied Mathematics and Physics along with one of the optional subjects like Chemistry / Bio-Technology, Computer Science / Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Candidates must not be older than 21 years as on 1st July, 2014.
How to apply:
- Candidates should apply online and make sure that all the details are dully filled.
- Candidates need to download and take a printout of the CENTAC JET application form and they need to send it to CENTAC office along with the necessary documents.
- The cost of the application form is Rs. 500/- for general category students and Rs. 250/- for SC and ST students.
- Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit and have to attend in person.
- Candidates will have to check the CENTAC website for the counselling details and schedule.
- Candidates have to get their document verification done before the seat allotment.
- Seat Allotment will be on the basis of merit, category and vacancy.
- Notification of application: mid May, 2014
- Last date of online application submission: May end, 2014
For more details, click here.