DET 2014 is conducted for admissions to first semester/ final year diploma in engineering/ technology/ architecture/ non- engineering/ film and TV courses.
It is also considered as a criteria for lateral admissions to second year (third semester) engineering technology in government and private engineering schools/ polytechnics of Odisha.
Students seeking admissions at KIIT for the above mentioned fields of studies must do so by appearing for DET 2014.
1st semester engineering:
Candidates must have passed in HSC examinations/10th standard examination conducted/declared equivalent by
BSE, Odisha and obtained at least 35% marks in aggregate, securing 30% marks in each subject at the qualifying examination with
Mathematics, Science and English.
3rd semester lateral entry:
Candidates must have passed in +2 Science examination from CHSE, Odisha or its equivalent examination with PCM/+2 Vocational (2 years course) in any engineering trades/2 years ITI in engineering trade with pass percentage in HSC examinations/10th standard examination conducted/declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha and securing 30% marks in each subject.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years old as on 01.07.2014.
- No Upper Age limit.
- Candidates must apply online for DET 2014.
- Candidates must make the payment of application fee (non-refundable) amounting to
(i) Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PH candidates
(ii) Rs.350/- for female candidates
(iii) Rs.450/- for male candidates
- The payment must be done through debit or credit card/Net Banking/e-Challan at any branch of Axis bank/ IDBI bank.
- Receipt of online application: 10th March to 25th April, 2014
- Receipt of application fee: 10th March to 28th April, 2014
- DET 2014 for 1st semester engineering: 18th May, 2014 - 10 am to 12:30 pm
- DET 2014 for semester lateral entry: 18th May, 2014 - 2pm to 4:30 pm
- Last date to submit online application: 25th April, 2014
Click here for further details and to apply