The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is one of the toughest exams in India that students are required to pass in order to get admission into MBBS and BDS.
Besides cracking it, what's harder is to secure high marks in the Medical entrance exam. As the syllabus for AIPMT is the same as that of 11th and 12th, it's recommended that you start preparing for the exam as soon as you enter 11th standard.
Scoring high marks in AIPMT is not rocket science. It just requires a considerable amount of determination, dedication, and devotion.
Candidates need to keep in mind certain guidelines, if they aim to score well in AIPMT.
- Firstly, you should read the interviews of toppers and take a page out of their books to get good results. However, do not blindly adopt someone's study techniques as it is important to understand one's limitations while devising a study plan.
- For wholesome preparation, study the NCERT books of 11th and 12th thoroughly and in case of doubts, you can refer to other books. Practice a lot of MCQs and build a strong foundation in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Likewise, you can also practice previous years' question papers to enhance your preparation.
- Apart from this, there are All India Test Series available online on various e-learning portals. You can opt for the same and boost your preparation. The online test series will give you the benefit of knowing what kind of questions might come and where you stand.
- AIPMT questions are not always repeated hence it is important that you revise all the topics carefully, concentrating on every minor detail. As far as biology is concerned, learn by rote the whole NCERT biology books as most of the questions come from these books.
- Take up online mock tests frequently and try to solve the paper in two rounds. If you feel you cannot answer a question or the calculations are lengthy, just mark it and move on.
- Explain the whole paper at once and after completing it, start solving the marked ones. Mark the OMR sheet as you answer the questions. Don't leave it for the end moment.
- By going to the Online Test Series, you can get the results then and there. This will help you in identifying your weak points and also the topics on which you have a real stronghold. While learning, you should stick to one book and revise it thoroughly.
- Once you finish it, go for the next one. Simply going through various books is futile. It will only lead to confusion.
- If you opt for the Online Test Series, you can give chapter-wise and syllabus-wise tests as per your preparation. During the last few months, take up syllabus-wise tests as it will assist you in revising efficiently and help you in making judicious use of the available time.
- Try to complete the paper in two rounds before 3 hours. This way, you can increase your speed and time accordingly. The National Level Benchmarking will help you understand how much more you need to prepare and where you stand.
- Your results will be compared with national level toppers, hence on the basis of this analysis you can improve your performance immensely.
- You should revise biology more often as it will be the deciding factor while your papers are being checked. If you have issues with your current timetable, you can start afresh by making a new schedule every month.
- Make it a point to study two subjects each day and gradually increase it to three subjects so that you become habituated to studying all the three subjects that will appear on the exam. Don't forget to consider diagrams as questions might crop up from the same.
- Emphasize more on biology because 90 questions based on biology come in the exam. While studying biology, give equal importance to botany and zoology. [AIPMT 2015 Important Dates]
- In case you have doubts related to any subject, you can either refer to different books or ask your friends and teachers. While you discuss problems with them, it will help you in solving the problem quickly.
- Any doubt, when discussed, has less probability of getting forgotten during the exam time. Study with a concentration and a positive attitude which will help you give your best shot during the exam and prep you to nail the test at the crucial juncture!