IIM, Indore is all set to conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) 2014 on November 16 and 22, 2014.
The candidates who have been registered for CAT 2014 exam for the first time have to know the process of the computer-based examination. Candidates are advised to go through the following instructions to know about the process of the CAT 2014 exam.
On the day of the test, ensure that you reach the test centre at the correct time as follows:
|Session||Reporting Time||Exam Timings|
|Forenoon||7.30 AM||9.30 AM to 12.20 PM|
|Afternoon||1.00 PM||3.00 PM to 5.50 PM|
No candidate will be allowed to enter the test centre after 8:45 AM for the forenoon session and post 2:15 PM for the afternoon session.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the test, if valid photo identification and/or admit card is not presented.
- On the notice board inside the test centre, you should be able to locate the lab assigned to you based on your name and registration number (referred to as application no) given on the admit card.
- There will be direction sign boards that will help you locate the designated lab.
- Once you arrive at your assigned lab, notice board outside the lab will display registration numbers of all candidates allocated for the lab. Confirm that your registration number is present on the sheet.
- The invigilator will read out instructions twenty minutes before the test.
- The candidate will be presented with instructions on screen elements and how to navigate on the screen from one question to another. Clicking Next, the candidate can read CAT 2014 test specific instructions as mentioned in the following image.
- Finally, wait for the invigilator to signal start of test at the designated time.
The question palette panel on the right-hand side will display the status of your questions in four
colours that indicate the following:
- Green - Answered question
- Red - Unanswered question
- White - Question not viewed
- Violet - Question marked for review
Post marking your selected option while answering a question; click one of the following to proceed:
- Save & Next: Saves your answer and moves to the next question.
- Clear Response: Clears the already selected answer option for the given question only.
- Mark for Review & Next: Marks your question in Violet for review so that you can return later to confirm your answer selection. You will also be prompted at the time of submitting the test, those questions that are marked for review.
Candidate can also view other details related to the test on the bottom right panel of the screen such as:
- Question Paper: You can view all the questions in the test.
- Profile: You can view your profile information.
- Instructions: You can view the test related instructions. As in the image below.
- Submit: Allows you to do the final submission of your test.
When you click on the Submit button, the system will prompt you to confirm if you indeed want to submit your paper. The system will also display a summary of the status of the questions attempted by you.