On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) on December 28, 2014 for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor, both in Indian universities and colleges.
CBSE will conduct NET in 79 subjects at 89 selected NET coordinating institutions spread across the country.
The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject, and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organisations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them. The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF
How to apply:
- CBSE has created a separate website for NET December 2014, click here to apply.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must have the required documents, including a photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions before filling the application form.
- After filling the application form, candidates have to select mode of payment of application fee either by credit / debit card OR through e-challan generated during the online filling of application form.
- The candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at NET website.
- Candidates have to take the printout of the filled application form, attendance slip and admission copy on separate A-4 size papers.
- The candidate has to attach the copy of the Bank Challan (in case fee is paid by e- challan) with the printout of online application form which he/she has to submit to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET coordinating institution opted by the candidate.
The fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.